Wednesday 20 August 2014

Glossybox August 2014 | Unboxing


I always get excited for the arrival of my monthly Glossybox. I rarely see any spoilers for this one other than what's announced by Glossy themselves so it's always a surprise to see what arrives. This month marks Glossybox's third birthday so i was expecting good things.


First impressions are great. The box has changed and is now more squared off on the edges and a matte finish. A subtle change but i like it.

The information for the products also now comes on a fold out card which is great, the information is clear along with the prices. So much better.


                          Essence Long lasting lipstick £2.29 - Natural Beauty

I haven't tried any essence products as of yet and i was pleasantly surprised by this for the price. Its a lovely neutral colour that would suit any skin tone and its very moisturising. I'll be popping this into my everyday makeup bag.



Phillip Kingsley Elasticizer - full size £38 for 250ml - sample size 40ml £6.08

I haven't had chance to try this out yet but i can't wait to.

The elasticizer was originally created for Audrey Hepburn. You use it before shampooing and it's claims to deliver unrivalled elasticity, manageability, bounce and shine without weighing down or coating the hair.

Exciting stuff.


Yves Rocher Vernis Nail Polish - Full size - £3.60

Cute little polish and a lovely colour. It goes on nicely and i'll probably use it regular as a work polish. Can't complain! 


 Figs and Rouge Rose Berry Hand Cream - Full size £6.95 for 80ml - Sample size 20ml - £1.74

I have hundreds of hand creams and now i've got another one to add to the collection. I haven't even finished the last one sent by Glossy yet! 

I don't really like the scent of this, it's abit sickly so i don't think i'll get my use out of it which is a shame. I did like the Figs and Rouge lip balm that we got in a previous box though.


Lalique by L’Amour Perfume Sample, 2ml - full size £67 50ml - sample size - £1.49

A sensuous floral fragrance. A love potion for absolute seduction.

Bergamot, Rosebud, Tuberose, Gardenia, Ceder, Sandalwood

No. I just didn't like it. And i wouldn't pay £67 for it! Also, ive never used such an awful tester bottle, it went EVERYWHERE.


Kryolan for Glossybox Highlighter in Cashmere £12.95 for the full size 4.5g

Again, i feel like i'm building up a massive collection of highlighters through these subscription boxes. They're all lovely though and this one is a nice one to add to my makeup stash.

It's very natural, not too shimmery and can be used wherever you see fit. It would suit all complexions.

Verdict

Total value - £28.15 - pretty sure i've read somewhere that everyone was guaranteed a minimum of £30.

I'm happy with this months box, although i wont be using the perfume sample or the hand cream. I think with it being a birthday box it could have been a bit more exciting as the products are quite cheap compared to previous boxes. I'll make use of the other products though and will be staying subscribed! Bring on the next one.


1 comment:

  1. Agree about the tester bottle what a mess it made and the smell wasnt to my liking either
    Carrieanne xx
    http://www.beautiesunlocked.com/

    ReplyDelete