Tuesday 19 August 2014

Birch Box August 2014 | Unboxing



Birch Box | August 2014 | Unboxing


I'm still on the fence with Birch Box. I keep meaning to cancel it but then can't bring myself to do it incase the next box is amazing and i miss out.

This month's box still has me on the fence, i do like everything i've received this time round and probably will use all the products so maybe i'll wait til the next box to make a decision.


So the products this time, instead of arriving in the little Birch Box bag (which i am quickly building up a collection of) came in a plastic makeup bag, perfect for taking as hand luggage on holiday. This made a nice change although the clasp has broken off on mine so i had to split the bag to get into it.....


Vasanti - Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - Full size £26.00

I like this, a good facial exfoliator is always welcome in my bathroom and this one makes my skin feel amazing after use although i don't think i'd be splashing out on the full size anytime soon. Maybe something i'd consider with my reward points though.


Lumiere d'hiver Super Comb Prep & Protect spray - Full size - £20

I've yet to try this but i like the sound of it and it smells good. My curly hair is always in need of some TLC so i'm looking forwards to giving it a spritz with this on a morning. 


Wild About Beauty Powder Eyeshadow - 04 Becca - Full size £13.00

This is lovely, i like the shade ,i love the packaging & the fact theres a mirror provided. You can probably tell i've used this a couple of times already. Its the perfect neutral shade. I was surprised to see it was created by Louise Redknapp.


Dead Sea Spa Magic Refreshing Bath & Shower Gel - Full size £7.15

This smells gorgeous, just like the sea. Its very relaxing although i haven't got a bath to use it in so i've been using it in the shower. It gives a really nice lather but for £7.15 i'm not sure i could make the full size stretch to being worth it.


Supergoop CC Cream - Daily Correct - Light/Medium - Full size - £32.00


I havent tried this as of yet but the colour is nice and it adapts well to skin tone. I usually just stick to Clinique as i don't like to change up my foundation very often but i'll give this a go. I'm glad they've provided two of these and one 3ml sample wouldn't have gone very far. 




The Proposal - Tasmina Perry - £7.99

As a lifestyle extra this month we have a sample chapter of The Proposal written by Tasmina Perry. I do like to read but i haven't managed to even open this yet to see what its about. I think its a great idea to provide a chapter and i think you can really get a feel as to whether you want to purchase it or not.

Verdict

Im happy with this months box but it really annoys me how difficult it is to figure out the value of the box as Birch rarely provide full size items. The eyeshadow is full size this time so the box definitely breaks even but i don't really know where to begin to start figuring out the value of all the samples. I'll be sticking around for next months box.

If you want to subscribe to Birch Box you can do so at www.birchbox.co.uk 




1 comment:

  1. I love this CC cream! Good discovery.

    ReplyDelete