Wednesday 2 July 2014

Why I've fallen out of love with Clinique.....

Clinique have always been winners for me. I swear by their stay matte oil free foundation & I'm also a fan of their chubby sticks & mascara but there's something that just hasn't won me over at all. In fact I think its made my skin a  whole lot worse.



The dramatically different moisturizing gel, for combination oily to oily skin. For a 50ml tube it's £17.00 and for a 125ml pump bottle it's £29.50 which isn't cheap. However mine is a 30ml tube that came as part of the 3 step care sets Clinique offer for £20. The face wash and the toner were lovely to use but this just didn't agree with me.



For highlighting purposes I have edited the photo slightly to show the problems I came across whilst using the gel. This photo was taken right after I got home from work after a 9 hour day.

  1. Area one you can see my oily skin, literally shining and there are a few red angry spots starting to develop under there. Granted there isn't much that can tame my T-zone I used my Clinique foundation on top of the moisturiser and it has completely slid off my face.
  2. You can see on both sides where my eyebrows begin the foundation has really settled and almost looks like it's all just clumped there. It's dark and heavy and just looks awful!
  3. The sides of my nose and under my eyes just went really cakey like my foundation was just sat on top of my skin although the photo doesn't show it up much. I really just felt like my whole face was clogged up with oil and couldn't wait to wash it all off.


Needless to say I won't be using the product again. I did stick at it for a week to see if there were any improvements but sadly not.

So continues my search for the perfect oily skin moisturiser, i really am losing the will to live now......any suggestions??



10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that is not a good product for you apparently! I know for oil skin the body shop do a fair few - the tea tree line is good but also the seaweed line to a matte moisturiser which is meant to be really good!
    I've just followed your blog on bloglovin! would love if you could check out my blog back!
    Keep in touch!!
    xxx


    stylelikehers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the Seaweed range but had no luck with that either :( Been wanting to try the tea tree one but everytime i go it's sold out! It's so frustrating haha.

    Followed you back lovely, thanks for taking the time to recommend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a shame! I'm on the hunt for one as well :(

    Colour Me In Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a never ending battle with my skin, I don't think I'll ever find anything that keeps me completely oil free but I'll keep trying x

      Delete
  4. Great, frank post. I never really got on with the lotion version of this to be honest! Have you tried any Body Shop products? I reviewed a few of their skincare products recently (link here), and I've found them to be great for me, especially the mask and night serum. Danielle x

    frontière girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried some of the seaweed products but I haven't tried the mask, I keep meaning to pick up the tea tree range but always end up picking something else up instead! Xx

      Delete
  5. What a pain! I always verge on the dry side so don't have the same skin issues but I can still relate at what a pain some skin care can be! I hope you find something good soon, and hopefully the blogging world can help you out with some recommendations!! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I am so tired of searching :( xx

      Delete
  6. I used to use Clinique, but it didn't agree with me. It's far too harsh for my skin. Have you tried avoiding products with SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate)? Since I've stopped using products with so many Parabens, my skin's improved so much! Good luck finding a product that works for you.

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't but that sounds interesting, can you recommend anything? xx

      Delete