Tuesday 15 July 2014

Birch Box Review | July 2014


Time to unbox July's Birchbox and i'm not actually as disappointed as i was expecting to be.

I'm not overly thrilled to see Benefit in there, these seem to pop up so often from what i've seen it's like they're going out of fashion but i'll give it the benefit of the doubt and try it!


Benefit - The Porefessional £8.35 sample £24.50 www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk or the Birch store

This is a 7.5ml sample which is pretty decent, lets see if it helps with the oily skin.


Whish - Three wishes lavender body butter 22ml sample worth £2.12 - full size £14.50

It states that this is not your granny's lavender. It is.
I haven't smelt anything lavender that doesn't remind me of my grandma and this isn't avoiding that either.
Horrid.


Balance Me - Wonder eye cream £5.25 sample size - Full size £20

Quite looking forward to trying this, i'm getting to the age now where looking after my eye area is essential so we shall see how this one fares.


Models Own - GLITTER IN AQUA SPLASH - £5

Love this. Love models own. Can't wait to use it.


LAQA & Co - Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - Menatour - Full size £14 (Not sure of the size of the sample - is it a sample size?)

I love this. The colour is so me and i'm so happy i didn't get the other shade. I've got it on today and its lovely for day time wear if you're wanting a slight pop of colour that's not too Mac Rebel in your face. I'd definitely buy this again. 


Filosofille - 4 sided nail buffer -  I had to google the price of this from www.filosofille.com its €4.13

My biggest peeve with Birch Box is that they make prices of products so confusing. This wasn't even stated on the pricing card. However it is just the lifestyle extra and it will come in handy as my nails are forever chipped and peeling from being in the great outdoors. I'll get my use out of it.

I've got my total for this month's box to £31.82 - i called the LAQA & CO about half size so priced it at £7 but i might be wrong.

What did you think to this months box? Comment with the links to your posts :) 


3 comments:

  1. Think birchbox are upping their game a wee bit. This looks better. I cancelled mine a couple of months ago. Might restart it. Do you get glossybox too? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think I'm going to switch to Birchbox from Glossybox, you seem to always get a couple well known products such as Porefessional and Models Own! I don't get too much I get that excited about from Glossybox:/
    www.corriearnold.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't decide between the two. I think Birch recycle Benefit too much and i'm not a big fan.

      This is the second Birch Box i've had but i really need to make a decision as to which one i'm going to stick with as i can't afford 3 boxes a month!

      Keli xx

      Delete