Thursday 26 June 2014

My first Birch Box | June 2014



So my first Birch Box arrived and upon first impressions I'm not really THAT impressed.


I received;
  • - Benefit they're real mascara, full size £19.50
  • - Silk & Honey shea butter hair mask, £55 diy set
  • - OPI Nail lacquer, the Brazil collection, £11.95
  • - Naobay body radiance lotion, £14
  • - Caudalie vinoperfect spf15 day perfecting fluid, £38
  • - a Brazil flip flop keyring because the box is 'world cup themed'


The product I'm least impressed with is the benefit mascara. I don't get on with it at all, I never have. I've never understood the hype with benefit as I'm yet to find anything that stands out for me. Also through friends that receive Birch I know it's not the first time this has been sent out so it's a disappointment for me personally.

Everything else is nice though, the OPI nail varnish is a fabulous colour and really makes a statement although I'm not sure of the name of it. 

The Naobay moisturiser is lovely on the skin but I'm not keen on the smell, it's quite a citrus scent.

I liked using the Caudalie fluid, it glides on to the skin and i feel like it gives me a more even base for my make up whilst keeping my oil at bay. 

I'm yet to use the Silk and honey hair mask but I'm going to after zumba tonight so we shall see how it goes. I have high hopes though with the price of it! 

The keyring is a cute little extra which I'm sure will come in handy at some point.

Overall I was more impressed with Glossy Box this month but I'll stay subscribed and see what next month brings.


5 comments:

  1. Do you recommend ordering a beauty box through Glossybox then? I'm thinking of ordering one next month but not sure who to go with! Nice blog by the way :)
    www.belovedjaine.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to say really because glossy box has been abit hit & miss in the past but the more recent ones have been good.

    Glossy box do more high street brands whereas Birch are more high end products so it just depends what you're after, it's just a shame this one wasn't really to my fancy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that's the thing... I've heard a lot of different reviews about them so it's hard to decide. I suppose you don't know unless you give it a go haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw it's a shame you didn't like your box too much, I really think birchbox do some amazing boxes.. Btw that opi shade is from their Brazil collection in the shade - where did Suzi's man-go :)
    Love the honest review xx
    www.zoloriri.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thankyou so much, i'm probably just being blind but i couldn't see the colour named anywhere in the box! I'll be honest though i was too lazy to just google it haha.

      I suppose its my own fault for ordering too late but i thought with it being my first box it might have been abit special (they sent the "it's your first box" card and everything)

      I've got enough glossydots this month to get my Glossy free so i'm gonna stay subscribed to Birch as i'm not losing out on anything so fingers crossed i'll love the next one!

      Keli xx

      Delete