Thursday 19 June 2014

Lipgloss wars

Lipgloss doesn't really do anything for me, i'll be honest. But I seem to have acquired a few and thought why not put them against each other and see which comes out on top.


From left to right 

  • Soap & Glory sexy mother pucker - Punchbowl
  • Rimmel Apocalips - Galaxy
  • Bella Pierre super lipgloss - Raspberry
  • Soap & Glory sexy mother pucker extreme plump - Pink out loud
  • Beautiful Movements Cosmetics lip gloss - Nude


I've arranged the short reviews below in least favourite to favourite order with the winner at the bottom.

5th place - Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker £9 find it here
Probably the most common Soap & Glory makeup product people get to try as it ALWAYS appears in gift sets. The tingle on the lips is addictive, I could sit and apply it all day but I do know it gets too much for some people. I don't think it makes my lips look any fuller & it's sticky. Really sticky. I've actually worn this on a night out before and felt like my mouth was sticking to my drink, and loose hair is a definite no-no for this one.


4th place - Sexy Mother Pucker XL £10 find it here
This is an almost clear gloss, and it's very glossy. The tingle is much more extreme than the original and lasts longer but again I didn't notice much of a difference in how my lips looked. It's nowhere near as sticky as the first one but it's still a bugger for hairs getting stuck to it. The applicator for this one you just squeeze from the tube onto the lips which is abit messy as it's easy to squeeze out too much product.

3rd place - Beautiful Movements - £12 find it here
A nice subtle shade with quite a sheer finish that isn't too in your face glossy. Definitely a nice day time one for work. It doesn't actually feel too sticky on the lips in fact it does feel quite conditioning but it's not good with hair. It does sink into the lips fairly quickly so I had to keep re applying this one.

2nd place - Bella Pierre £12.99 find it here
I can't get over my disappointment for the packaging with this one. i HATE when the lettering rubs off the sides, it just looks so cheap and to me this isn't a cheap product. However, I enjoy the colour of this. Similar to galaxy as you can see but in a glossier finish and if you look closely at the tube there are tiny sparkles in the gloss which is really subtle on the lips. There's no stickiness & it does smell like berries which is nice. It also contains lots of lovely ingredients which are conditioning for the lips.

1st place - Rimmel Apocalips £6.49 find it here
Galaxy is a lovely shade, it's a nice dark plum colour. It's actually a lip lacquer so it doesn't have the consistency of a lip gloss, it dries matte. It's a nice texture & not sticky in the slightest. I have found with this one it can leave the lip liner effect after eating/drinking but it's no biggie to re-apply. It's got quite a funny scent to it too but I can't think how to describe it, it's not awful though.


Fairly difficult to pick a winner between the Bella Pierre and Rimmel but the cheap packaging just swayed it for me as Rimmels is much nicer.

Hope you enjoyed reading :)






3 comments:

  1. I really love the Apocolips lip lacquers too! I only have Luna which is a gorgeous bright orange. I definitely want to try this colour you have it looks gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try some more colours from them, they are so good :D xx

      Delete
  2. Loving the lip reviews, you have a pretty nice blog!

    Ashley - www.asherkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete