Tuesday 3 June 2014

Beauty UK Lipstick - Plumalicious - Review

Today's mission was to find the perfect purple lipstick on a budget.


As you can see....this is not easy when on a 45 minute lunch break and so many brands to chose from! Personally I don't think myself and Beauties Unlocked swatched enough colours hahaha.

The colour I wanted it to be close to is Rebel by Mac. After a quick search online before we set off I decided it had to be Black Cherry by Revlon for £7.49. Unfortunately when I got to Superdrug, that was the only colour sold out....typical.

Finally we stumbled upon two, one was by Rimmel - Dark Knight Waterl-oops! which was £6.49 and the other by Beauty UK - Plumalicious £3.49

I decided on Beauty UK as they were the cheaper option and I was intrigued as to how the budget brands compare the lipsticks I already own.



The colour is just what I wanted, a deep rich purple/red. It lasted throughout my dinnertime meal without the need to reapply however it isn't a matte finish which I would prefer but I can't complain. A quick tissue blot and the shine is removed. A bonus feature of the product is that on the top of the lid is a small pot of lipstick which could be used either with your finger (messy with this colour though I imagine) or with a lip brush. This idea is also brilliant for picking out colours without having to remove every lipstick from the shelf to check you've got the right shade.


Anyone else have any amazing bargain buys??

Keli xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment